Running a Centre supporting over 200 families per week is a lot of work and there are many ways volunteers can get involved. The Pregnancy and Parents Centre welcomes volunteers, either on a short or long term basis.
The valuable work volunteers have carried out in the past includes:
One off events or activities that are required once every few months
- Helping with our Nearly New Sales – sorting donations, promoting the event, helping on the day, providing homebaking
- Distributing leaflets
- Independent Examiner for checking our accounts (this needs to be a qualified accountant)
Regular, longer term volunteering activities
- Library maintenance – checking book donations agree with the ethos of the PPC, processing books and updating catalogue, sending reminders to return books etc
- Database work – adding contacts, ensuring details are correct etc
- Helping run the open drop-in group (this is only open to people who have a knowledge and experience of the Centre)
There are other areas too that you may be able to help with. If you are interested in volunteering with the Pregnancy and Parents Centre, please contact Gillian at email@example.com explaining any particular activities you would like to help with and include a CV.