Welcome to the Pregnancy & Parents Centre!
We moved to our new centre in the Southside during September 2020 and we are located at:
188 Pleasance, Edinburgh EH8 9RT
We are presently open only for small groups, working in line with guidelines from the Scottish Government during Phase 3 and 4 of Coronavirus.
As we have only just moved to our new home, please do bear with us if you visit and our walls remain a little bare and the outside of our centre needs some loving; without the ability to tap into our wonderful community of volunteers, we are slowly getting all of our equipment and belongings moved from our previous centre (home for over 10 years!) to 188 Pleasance and will attend to the cosmetics of the centre over the coming weeks and months.
Our staff are still working remotely but coming to the centre to support our facilitators and practitioners during group times. If you would like to enquire about what we do please email here and our small office team will get back to you. You can access our homepage by following this link for lots of information on groups and sessions.
If you are coming to a group our office team will have already provided you with lots of information about how to access the centre to maintain physical distancing. If you have any questions, please just email us on the aforementioned email address.
As we manage to have our centre manned more regularly, we look forward to welcoming everyone through our doors, once again. Meantime please do help us keep our families safe by getting in touch before coming along to say hello.
You may still have some questions about our centre so hope the following information may help.
- How to find us? Follow the link here to see an interactive map and get directions from Googlemaps
- Many of our families are not using public transport at the moment and so if you are wearing a sling or coming with a pram/buggy, you will find there is plenty of buggy space inside. Keeping physically active is good for your physical and mental well being and, of course, reduces vehicle emissions in the city centre but we appreciate at this time you may wish to bring your car. We provide information about parking below.
- If arriving on foot or by bicycle, our centre is set back from the road and so you might not see us until you arrive, if you are walking from the direction of the city centre. You will recognise us by our window graphics – you can’t miss us!
- Bicycle racks are located on East Crosscauseway (across the road from our centre) and around the corner on Bowmont Place. We would ask you not to lock your bikes to the railings at the entrances of our building for they are emergency exits but there are lots of lockable railings in the vicinity. Please ensure your bike lock is adequate as we can’t accept any responsibility for damage/theft.
- If arriving by public transport, bus route 14 is the closest to the centre (stops are at eitherWest Richmond or Rankeillor Street) but other routes and stops are all located very close to us only a street or two away (such as Clerk Street).
- If you are driving, please note that parking restrictions are in place (pay and display and permit holders only – zone 7) between 8.30am and 5.30pm on weekdays. Outside of these times you may park in pay and display and on single yellow lines. There are usually spaces available during peak restrictions on Bowmont Place (located around the corner from our centre) but there are other streets in the vicinity with similar parking restrictions.
Accessing the Centre
If you are coming to a group, our office staff will confirm which entrance you should use. If you have a buggy it will be second door with”Pregnancy & Parents Centre” on the window panel frosting. This doorway has three colourful, vertical stripes as a handy guide – not easy to miss! If the door is closed, this is to keep our centre cosy and warm, and provided there are staff members on site (reduced opening hours at this time) you should still be able to enter.
Welcome, once again, to the Pregnancy & Parents Centre!