Running a Centre that supports over 400 visitors per week is a lot of work and we rely hugely on the helpful hands of volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering, there are many ways you can get involved. The Pregnancy and Parents Centre welcomes volunteers, either on a short or long term basis. Besides helping us, there is a wealth of benefits to volunteering including making new connections and friends, building up a strong relationship with your local community and a feeling of getting a job done (something difficult to do with a young family).
The valuable work volunteers have carried out in the past includes:
One off events or activities that are required once every few months
- Helping with our Nearly New Sales – sorting donations, promoting the event, helping on the day, providing homebaking
- Small admin jobs to support the part-time office staff
- Coordinating our “real nappy shop”.
- Providing assistance to our funding applications if you have experience in this area.
- Helping us sort out clothes and equipment donations that we receive regularly.
Regular, longer term volunteering activities
- Library maintenance – checking book donations agree with the ethos of the PPC, processing books and updating catalogue, sending reminders to return books etc
- Database work – adding contacts, ensuring details are correct etc
- Helping us sort out clothes and other equipment that are donated regularly.
- Keeping our displays and community boards up to date and interesting.
- Helping run the open drop-in group (this is only open to people who have a knowledge and experience of the Centre)
Board of Trustees
Our board of trustees are volunteers too, with a particular interest in our helping guide our organisation so that it thrives. There are many skills we need to keep our board fresh and vibrant. If you are interested in this area of the PPC please check the link here to our information document which explains a little more about what a trustee role entails.
There are other areas too that you may be able to help with. If you are interested in volunteering with the Pregnancy and Parents Centre, please contact Val at email@example.com explaining any particular activities you would like to help with and include a CV.