Home Birth Support Group
The Home Birth Support Group meets online (during Covid-19 and face to face once restrictions have lifted) the first Sunday of every month from 11am-1pm. It is open to everyone who wishes to find out more about homebirth, support those interested in having a homebirth or who wish to tell their homebirth story to support others with the option.
The topics that are regularly discussed in the group include practical issues and what you might need, how to get support from the maternity services for a home birth, options for when things don’t go to plan, role of
partners and what they can do to support during a homebirth, how siblings
can be involved.
Our group has several aims:
- To allow you to consider home birth if you have not yet decided where you would like to birth your baby
- To provide a group where those planning a home birth may feel supported, and normal
- To provide a safe space to explore any questions or concerns; practical, physical or emotional
- To welcome parents back to give encouragement to others who want / need it
- To share positive stories of birth regardless of the outcome or place of birth
This group is a drop-in group and you do not need to book. This is a free group but we do welcome donations to cover the tea and biscuits and resources available (suggestion £2)
2019 session dates:
The group will meet on 5th May, 2nd June, 7th Jul, 4th Aug, 1st Sept, 6th Oct, 3rd Nov, 1st Dec all from 11am-1pm.
If you have any queries regarding homebirth before then you can check out the website www.homebirth.org.uk
Call Daisy on 07533050939 or Carrie on 07831794658
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.