The Pregnancy and Parents Centre is a friendly and welcoming not-for-profit organisation that works with parents-to-be, families and local communities.
We offer friendship and information through a wide variety of classes, activities and resources to support you through pregnancy and early parenthood.
Click on the links below to find out more about us:
Complementary Therapies and Support:
For Parents and Babies:
How it all began
Over twenty five years ago the idea of the Centre started in Nadine’s living room with groups for yoga for pregnancy and friendly, caring support. From those small beginnings the Centre grew into what we are now: a charity which supports over 170 families per week by offering friendship, information and activities through pregnancy and early parenthood.
Check out this news feature about us http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/features/Delivering-results-for-25-years.6767594.jp
Pregnancy and Parents Centre (the new name for the Birth Resource Centre) has grown and developed over twenty-five years in response to what women have told us that they and their families need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Many of those women continue to be involved as volunteers, making it possible to maintain our work of providing emotional and practical support, and information.
Directors, facilitators and volunteers
The Centre is managed and run by a co-ordinator and 2 admin assistants, a group of directors, facilitators and volunteers. The PPC Directors are a group of parents who have used the Centre, or have been involved in childbirth issues, and who want to support and develop its work. All our facilitators are trained and many have worked with pregnant women, their partners and parents with babies and/or small children for many years.
We hope that you will enjoy what we have to offer at the Centre. We aim to continue to develop, and therefore welcome any feedback and suggestions you might like to give to any of our facilitators, directors or co-coordinator.
The Pregnancy and Parents Centre offers practical and emotional support to enable all women and their families to experience pregnancy, birth and parenthood with confidence and dignity. We provide antenatal and postnatal classes, one to one and group support, sharing experiences, information, advocacy and child-centred activities in a warm and welcoming environment.
- We welcome everyone, whatever their beliefs, background, choices and circumstances, and are open to different approaches, conventional and complementary.
- We believe that people make the best choices for themselves and their families when they have balanced and comprehensive information, non-judgemental support and confidence in themselves.
- We honour individuals and their different circumstances and choices around birth, and respect every unique experience.
- We recognise the benefits of normal birth and of breastfeeding, where possible and where these are what parents choose.
- We acknowledge that parents have different needs and concerns before and after birth, so we aim to offer continuing support, friendship and activities throughout the process of becoming parents and raising children.
What our users say….
The Centre has received many kind words of appreciation over the years; here is what one mother told us:
“…for me the PPC has been a very natural, friendly support and comfort. It has cushioned the journey from pregnancy to birth, through mothering a small baby and into toddlerhood. I’m really grateful to the Centre both for the classes and other facilities I continue to enjoy and for the friends I’ve made – the big ones and the little ones…”
When, Where, How much?
Please look at our timetable and pricelist.